Here’s hoping you are having a wonderful summer and that all you picnic lovers are getting to feed your picnic dreams!
I was able to do just that when my darling husband agreed to play along (did he have a choice, really? 😉 and help me live out my Fourth of July picnic fantasy this year. After he helped slog all of our picnic supplies from the car to The Perfect Picnic Spot, and help set up, and take pictures, I told him I would never get mad at him again. for anything. ever. (We will see how long that lasts! 😉 Anyway, we spent the day visiting an American Village and stayed for the amazing fireworks display and it made me feel perfectly patriotic and, as always, proud to be an American and blessed with our freedoms– thanks to all those who serve and have served, and fight the good fight. I’m talking patriotism – not politics- here:)
Here are a few of my “Must Haves” for a perfect picnic anytime:
- An antique quilt. This is one of my favorites from my grandmother.
- Picnic Baskets. 🙂
- Light weight containers and coolers
- Pretty plates! (lightweight melamine or paper-so many patterns & colors!)
- Decorative trays and baskets. And I love a couple of glass Mason jars!
- Decorative towels for wrapping around containers and lining baskets.
- Fresh flowers!
- A pretty sundress and straw hat to keep your cool.
- A pair of flats if you are going to be doing a lot of walking as we did this day.
- sunscreen, bug repellant wipes, paper towels, trash bag, hand wipes, a battery operated candle, a pretty paper fan, a parasol or umbrella, a book
- Music: For the 4th of July: Create a Patriotic Music station on Pandora
Here are more photos from our 4th of July picnic: On the Menu: My friend Kristin’s recipe for THE BEST Barbecue Chicken Drumettes (scroll down for recipe!), Balsamic Berries (from Martha Stewart), Tomatoes-Mozzarella-Basil salad (from The Pioneer Woman), and Southern Living’s Easy Peach Cobbler! (You know me~you can barely call it cooking!)
Kristin’s Chicken Drumettes Recipe: (*Note: We substitute drumettes for the wings.)
Happy Picnicking! ~ Sunny xo